Now that the new exhaust is installed I can get to work on a new heat muff that hopefully works (unlike my first one). I... read more
A new exhaust system wasn’t required for my Continental O-200, but one thing that my airplane needs is some cabin heat. Unfortunately, the old exhaust wasn’t fashioned in a way that (easily)... read more
Fitting the Cowl
A local gentleman in a neighboring town is building a Wittman Tailwind W-10. He bought a fiberglass cowl and was unhappy with it so he told me if I can make it work for my W8, then I can have it.
Perhaps... read more
This is the part I’ve been waiting for. These doors have been one of the most exciting parts of this entire rebuild. I’ve looked forward to having something like these on my Tailwind for... read more
Painting the Wings
The wings are painted and are they ever shiny!
Silvering the Wings with Stits Poly-Spray
The Poly-brush has dried so now it’s time to add the Poly-spray for some ultraviolet protection.
I used Solidworks to design some frames to “sandwich” the rear windows into position.
Pinking the Wings with Stits Poly-Brush
After the the Poly-fiber has been Poly-tak’d to a surface, the next job is to Poly-brush it in preparation for the Poly-spray. Holy poly, that’s a mouth full. With that being said, the wings... read more
Covering the Wings
The wings got covered with Stits polyfiber and poly-tak. The poly-tak was allowed 24 hours to dry and we tried pulling the fabric up. There’s no way that fabric was gonna come off without pulling... read more